Maternity Mates Recruitment - Leyton Library
Date: 25 July 2018
Time: 11am to 1pm
Venue: Leyton Library
Become a Maternity Mate (volunteer role with accredited training)
- Are you interested in gaining skills and accredited training to support pregnant women in Newham, Tower Hamlets or Waltham Forest?
- Would you like to share your skills and experience as a mother to help other mothers during pregnancy and birth?
- Are you looking for additional, practical experience that could help support your application to study midwifery or healthcare, or supplement your training?
- Come along to our Open Day to meet the team and find out more about becoming a volunteer Maternity Mate.
WHFS (Women's Health & Family Services) has developed a pioneering project to train female volunteer Maternity Mates™ to support pregnant women. We provide accredited training (OCN Level 3) to enable volunteers to support women through pregnancy, childbirth and the early weeks of motherhood in the boroughs of Tower Hamlets, Newham and Waltham Forest. Please click here to read more about the project.
Come to our Open Day and meet the team to find out more
We are particularly looking to recruit Maternity Mates to support pregnant women in Waltham Forest at this event, but we also welcome potential Maternity Mates for Tower Hamlets or Newham.
Date: Wednesday 25th July 2018
Time: 11:00 am to 1:00 pm
Venue: The Lighthouse Room, Leyton Library, High Road Leyton, E10 5QH
To register your interest
Places are limited, and so you must register your interest by Monday 23rd July 2018 to ensure your place. Please click here to register via Eventbrite, or forward your contact details to:
Kadiza Yasmin - Project Co-ordinator
T: 020 7377 8725
The event runs from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm (2 hours) and it is important you attend for the whole session, as it is not a "drop-in" event.
Please click here for directions to Leyton Library
The Lighthouse Room
High Road Leyton
Please click on the links below for further information on the Maternity Mates project:
- Maternity Mates
- Become a Maternity Mate
- BBC Radio 4 Feature
- Maternity Mates - Stories of Encounters
Maternity Mates™ is the registered trademark of WHFS (Women's Health & Family Services)
Features some of our team of dedicated Maternity Mates who received their Certificate of Appreciation from Mayor John Biggs at our annual event in October 2016. These are awarded to recognise each volunteer's outstanding contribution to the scheme and their unswerving support of pregnant women. Some Maternity Mates were unable to attend the ceremony, and their certificates were awarded at a later date. All Maternity Mates have previously achieved the OCN (Open College Network) Level 3 certification.