Maternity Mates Recruitment
Date: 24 April 2018
Time: 11am to 1pm
Venue: The Brady Centre
Become a Maternity Mate (volunteer role with accredited training)
- Are you interested in gaining skills and accredited training to support pregnant women in Newham, Tower Hamlets or Waltham Forest?
- Would you like to share your skills and experience as a mother to help other mothers during pregnancy and birth?
- Are you looking for additional, practical experience that could help support your application to study midwifery or healthcare, or supplement your training?
- Come along to our Open Day to meet the team and find out more about becoming a volunteer Maternity Mate
WHFS (Women's Health & Family Services) has developed a pioneering project to train female volunteer Maternity Mates™ to support pregnant women. We provide accredited training (OCN Level 3) to enable volunteers to support women through pregnancy, childbirth and the early weeks of motherhood in the boroughs of Tower Hamlets, Newham and Waltham Forest. Please click here to read more about the project.
Come to our Open Day and meet the team to find out more
Date: Tuesday 24th April 2018
Time: 11:00 am to 1:00 pm
Venue: The Main Hall, Brady Centre, 192-196 Hanbury Street, London E1 5HU
Book your place at the Open Day
- Places are limited, and so you must register your interest by Monday 23rd April 2018.
- Please click on this link to Eventbrite to book your place, or contact us for an informal chat:
Rima Begum - Project Co-ordinator (Tower Hamlets)
T: 020 7377 9645
M: 07496 764 881
The event runs from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm (2 hours) and it is important you attend for the whole session, as it is not a "drop-in" event.
Please click here for directions to the Brady Centre
The Side Hall
192-196 Hanbury Street
London E1 5HU
Please click on the links below for further information on the Maternity Mates project:
- Maternity Mates
- Become a Maternity Mate
- BBC Radio 4 Feature
- Maternity Mates - Stories of Encounters
Maternity Mates™ is the registered trademark of WHFS (Women's Health & Family Services)
[L] Some of our dedicated volunteer Maternity Mates at the WHFS Annual Event in October 2016
[R] Maternity Mates Open Day in 2015, both held at the Brady Centre